Today’s fuel market and transport sector are facing serious challenges that mean unprecedented changes in the respective market and those changes are taking place already today. Beside the environment the biggest winner is the one who adapts the fastest to these changes.
The severity of the problem is that transport, representing 27% of Europe’s carbon emissions, is the biggest source of EU’s Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions. Furthermore, transport is the only sector where GHG emissions have grown since 1990 and is the main cause of air pollution in cities. Since 1970, GHG emissions from the transport sector have more than doubled. Lowering emissions in the transport sector is a very big challenge globally and achieving low-emission mobility needs radical changes. To solve the problem the European Commission adopted at the end of last year a long-term strategy for 2050 “A Clean Planet for All”. The new strategy stipulates that all transport modes shall contribute to the decarbonisation of the mobility system. The main goal of the strategy is to reach net-zero emissions by 2050. Therefore, the transition to low and zero emission vehicles is vitally important. The European Commission supports the transition to cleaner fuels such as CNG and LNG (with high blends of bio-methane) and hydrogen or other energy storage technology in case of electrical vehicles.
In this context, the focus of the conference is on the changes taking place already now in fuel and transport sector. Those changes are irreversible and inevitable. The conference focuses on gaseous fuels – CNG, LNG and bio-methane – and raises the question what additionally can and shall be done for establishing CNG filling stations into small cities and rural areas. Important part of the conference is also electrical vehicles and hydrogen. The conference gives the overview about the Europe’s climate and transport policy based on the new EU’s long-term strategy for 2050 “A Clean Planet for All” and it introduces the developments of gaseous fuels infrastructure in Europe. It will answer whether there is a place for diesel in transport. Gaseous fuels – is it right direction? Is there enough gas? What about the electrical vehicle and hydrogen technology?
- 8:30-9:00 Registration and Morning Coffee
- 9:00 Conference Opening
Prime Minister of Estonia Jüri Ratas
Conference Moderator Urmas Vaino
- 9:20 European Climate and Transport Policy from now to 2050
Herald Ruijters, Director Investment, Innovative & Sustainable Transport, DG MOVE, European Comission
- 10:00 Transformation of Fuel and Transport Sector in Estonia
Alan Vaht, Member of the Board, Alexela AS
- 10:30 Coffee-break
- 11:00 Presentation of Focus Group’s Results – attitudes of private and business customers
- 11:30 Transition to Low and Zero Emission Vehicles
Jil-Katharina Mahler, Senior Product strategist BEV Škoda Auto a.s.
- 12:00 Irreversible Change of Europe’s Transport Sector
Jacob Thärnå, Sustainable Transport Development Director, Scania CV AB
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Transport challenges and solutions – Towards Zero Emissions
Marek Gawroński, Vice President Public and Governmental Affairs, Volvo Group
- 14:00 CNG and LNG Developments in Nordics
Jussi Vainikka, Senior Business Development Manager, Traffic, Gasum Ltd
- 14:30 The Role of Bio-Methane in Estonian Green Energy Ecosystem
River Tomera, Head of Renewable Energy Unit, Elering AS
- 15:00 Success Story of Gas Busses
Madis Lepp, CEO, Hansa Bussiliinid AS
- 15:30 Coffee-break
- 16:00 Panel Discussion: Transformation of Transport Fuels
Kristi Klaas, Deputy Secretary General of the Ministry of Environment
Marti Hääl, Member of the Management Board, Alexela Group
Einar Vallbaum, President of ERAA
Bruno Kubja, CEO, Iv Pluss AS
Marko Tiiman, CEO, Rohegaas OÜ
- The whole day EXPO of CNG, LNG and Electrical Vehicles
Škoda, Volkswagen, Seat, Audi, Amserv, Ameerikaauto, Hyundai, Nissan, Mercedes-Benz, Volvo LNG truck, Scania CNG truck and/or LNG bus, Iveco bus and van and truck, Alexela LNG truck, GoBus CNG bus, Bolt, Tulika, Tallink
Kliimaneutraalse konverentsi EXPOl esitletakse kokku üle 40 uuendusliku ning keskkonnasäästliku sõiduki!
CNG / LNG veokid, kaubikud ja bussid
- Baltikumi esimesed Alexela soetatud LNG veokid bensiini ja diislikütuse tarnimiseks tanklatesse
- Scania LNG veok
- ASi GoBus Scania CNG buss
- Volvo veok FH LNG
- Iveco CNG veok, kaubik ja buss
- Škoda Octavia Combi hübriid G-TEC CNG
- Volkswagen Golf CNG
- Volkswagen Caddy CNG
- Audi A4 Avant g-tron CNG
- Seat Leon CNG
- Eesti elektriauto Nobe
- Mercedes-Benz EQC maastur
- Smart ForFour Electric Drive
- Tesla Model X
- Tesla Model 3
- Jaguar I-Pace
- Audi e-tron
- BMW i8 Roadster
- BMW i3s
- Mini Countryman pistikhübriid
- Nissan Leaf
- Volkswagen e-Golf
- Hyundai KONA Electric
- Hyundai IONIQ Electric
- Toyota Prius pistikhübriid
- Honda Clarity Fuel Cell transporditakse Eestisse spetsiaalselt EXPO tarbeks Saksamaalt.
TS Laevad esitlevad Eesti esimest elektrilist parvlaeva
Nimelt ehitatakse parvlaev Tõll sel aastal ümber akutoitele. Lepingu kohaselt sõidab parvlaev Tõll akupankade elektritoitel hiljemalt 29. veebruaril 2020.
The Conference will be broadcast in live over the internet. Free entry in case of registration, limited number of spots.