It is often unclear to consumers what the fuel price consists of. The price of Alexela’s fuels consists of the following factors:
- the price of petrol and diesel fuel on the world market. The price is determined by the relationship of offer and demand. The price of petrol and diesel fuel is in daily change on the world market. Alexela buys fuel on the basis of Platt’s European Marketscani quotation.
- the exchange rate of the US dollar and the euro;
- national taxes;
- competition on the local fuel market;
Fuel price can be divided proportionally as follows:
- 35% direct cost of fuel (cannot be influenced by the retailer of the fuel)
- 60% taxes (VAT, excise tax, liquid fuel stockpiling fee)
- an average of 5% fuel retailer mark-up.
Honestly paid taxes
Alexela has joined the Honest Fuel campaign. All Alexela filling stations have stickers, which assure the consumer that Alexela has and will conduct an honest business and will pay the government all taxes. As a consumer you can be sure that you are buying fuel from a company that fulfils its duties to the government and the society.
If you wish to order a large amount of fuel, we will be happy to make you an offer.